Just a little tweak on the setting of the Whatsapp App on your phone can help you decide who can add you on Whatsapp groups.
WhatsApp groups are a great way to remain connected to families, friends or even colleagues. However, many often use the feature to add tonnes of people into groups to sell or promote products. Often without the consent of participants, those groups are created and this might be frustrating for many. Most of us hate being in needless groups. And often think about whether it is unpleasant to simply leave a group. A filter that will prevent random people from adding you to groups will be the best way to get out of this.
How can unknown users prevent you from joining WhatsApp groups?
Fortunately, in the privacy section of your WhatsApp, you can change the configuration to prevent random groups from being added. Furthermore, this configuration enables you to adjust who can add you to groups and the default setting is ‘All’ so that anybody can add you to a group with your phone number.
Moreso, it is important to note that group administrators can send you links and encourage you to join groups after you change the settings. To avoid the addition of random people to groups, follow the following steps:
Read Also: 5 Steps to Send WhatsApp Messages Without Typing..
- Click three points on the right top of the screen to open WhatsApp.
- To tap Account, click the Settings option.
- Click Data Protection > Groups. It is likely that the default setting is ‘Everyone.’
4. The options ‘Everyone,’ ‘My contacts’ and ‘My contacts exempt’ are three. You can select from these.
5. The ‘Everyone’ option allows you without your permission to add a user with your telephone number.
6. Only these users can be added to groups whose numbers you have saved in your contact list under the ‘My Contact’ option.
7. last option, ‘My Contacts Except,’ allows you to select exactly who will be able to add you. By allowing you to filter and delete contacts from your group.