If you are anticipating to work as a driver in the USA. Well, this content made for you. Driving jobs in USA for foreigners are available for all irrespective of race, color, tribe, religion, culture or nationality. It is one of the occupations in the USA that need more labor. In other words, it is in high demand in the USA. Consequently, to solve this problem, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) decided to bring in labor from foreign countries into the USA to bridge the high demand for qualified labor.
Furthermore, this decision was taken so that the United States economy will not be affected by the scarcity of labor in the labor market. Similarly, this decision by the USCIS; the main government agency that processes immigration applications in the US, was supported by introducing a visa sponsorship program that will help US employers and companies sponsor the visa of foreign labor, relatives and loved ones into the United States of America.
So the great news is this: you can get to the United States of America to work as a driver without paying a dine. Surprised? It simply means your visa will be sponsored by an employer or a company in the United States of America, to find out how, continue reading.
Table of Contents
Driving Jobs In USA For Foreigners With Visa Sponsorship
This is a scheme in the USA that sponsors visas for drivers to work and live in the US, without any interferences from law agencies. Therefore, driving jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship guarantees drivers access to a well-paying job of their choice, accommodation, free work visa, and comfort. Although, this is just a pinch of the benefits that you will enjoy in the United States of America.
Moreover, if you are not conversant with the internet and social media, I think you should reconsider your actions and start visiting the internet more often than before, because it will be of a good help to you if you want to get a job with a good paycheck in the United States of America. Also, you should possess some requirements to qualify for any driving job in the USA.
The Needed Requirement For Driving Jobs In USA With Visa Sponsorship.
If you are intending to work in the USA, you have to possess some requirements, not just requirements, but the ones needed by your employers and the United States Embassy. Similarly, here are some needed skills and requirements to get a job in the United States of America:
1. Age: you must be 21 years or above to qualify.
2. Customer service.
3. You must possess a legal and commercial driver’s license (CDL).
4. You must have a good knowledge of DOT regulations, and driving and traffic laws.
5. You must be accountable.
6. Good listening and communication skills
8. Ability to manage time.
9. Being alert and aware of your environment.
10. Ability to handle equipment like forklift and pallet jack required.
11. Also, you must be reliable.
12. Ability to manage skills. 13. You must be able to read, write, and speak the English Language.
Notwithstanding, there are many more according to the company or employer you might be working for in the US.
Steps To Get A Driving Job In USA for Foreigners With Visa Sponsorship.
There are different kinds of driving jobs in USA for foreigners you can apply for and the ways to apply for them are relatively easy and the same.
So, if you want to work as a driver in the United States of America, you should follow these steps to make your dreams a reality.
1. First and foremost, you must pass the regular driver’s license exam in your home country.
2. You must have an equivalent certificate to a high school degree or GED.
3. You must be professionally trained in the driving field.
4. Get a CDL or other endorsement equivalent to it.
5. Prepare a CV that will “wow” any company or employer in the United States of America.
6. Furthermore, use of a social media site that can help you come in contact with employers or companies in the USA. One of them is LinkedIn.
7. Now your quest to find a job has begun. You have to search for any preferred driving in the USA online, since the world has become a global village.
8. If any is found, upload your application letter and CV on the company’s website.
9. Go through the description and requirements to make sure you have all it takes to be employed.
10. You have to patiently wait till you are called for an interview from your supposed employer. And during the course of the interview your pay date will be bargained and determined.
11. A petition will be made on your behalf by your employers to USCIS for you to be sponsored.
12. If the petition is considered, you will be granted the job offer. You have to apply for a visa with the job offer letter bearing your name.
Visa Sponsorship For Driving Jobs In USA.
You can get a driver’s visa sponsorship. However, the application may not or may need an employment visa, and this is because the firm might take the responsibility of hiring their employees and funding their immigration process. Thereby, giving the driver access to a free visa. Nevertheless, there are many visa programs used by US employers and companies to hire foreigners to work for them. One of these visa programs can be the H2B visa, which is mostly used by immigrants, including drivers, to migrate to the USA. H2B visa program is made to assist employers in the United States of America win the battle against the scarcity of workers ready to carry out non-agricultural work.
This type of visa will be discussed in the next sub heading.
The H2B Visa For Driving Jobs In USA
Drivers use H2B to migrate to the USA. This type of visa is made for non-agricultural jobs in which driving is not excluded. So, I advise all drivers who have gotten a job in the United States of America to apply for a H2B visa. Furthermore, the H2B program allows US employers or US agents who have met the specific regulatory requirements to bring foreign nationals to the United States to fill temporary non-ritual jobs. A US employer or US agent as described in the regulations must file form 1-129, a petition for a nonimmigrant worker on a prospective worker’s behalf.
H2B visa for driving jobs in the USA is a visa designed for nonagricultural jobs, of which driving jobs are included. Hence, if you are a driver who just got a job offer and also instruction to apply for a visa, the right visa to apply for is a H2B visa.
Different Driving Companies In USA
You can apply for driving jobs in USA for foreigners in one of the companies in the US, through their various online platforms. So these are the list of driving companies in the United States;
2. YRC Worldwide.
3. B Hunt Transport Services.
4. XPO Logistics.
5. Quality Distribution.
6. Crete Carrier Corp.
7. Lynden inc.
8. S.Xpress Enterprise.
9. TFI International.
10. Forward Air.
11. Sala Inc.
12. SIRVA Inc.
13. Hub group.
14. YRC Worldwide.
15. Red classic.
16. IMC Cos.
17. TMC Transportation.
18. Eagle Express line.
19. Black Horse carriers.
20. Trimac transportation.
21. A.M transport.
22. USA Truck
23. Western express.
24. Day and Rose.
25. PS Logistics.
26. United road service.
27. Quality distribution and many more.
How Much Does Drivers In USA Earn
Thinking of working as a driver in the USA is a good idea, because it comes with a lot of pay benefits. A driver in the USA earns averagely $27,300 per hour. An entry-level position begins at $25,000 per year, while experienced workers earn up to $46,368 per year.
IDP For Driving Jobs In USA For Foreigners.
IDP (International Driving Permit) is a type of identification recognized by different countries. It translates your identification into different languages and allows you to legally drive in a different country. The United States of America doesn’t offer IDPs to immigrants. Therefore, before applying for a driving job in the USA, you should make sure you have gotten an IDP in your home country. More so, if you want to get an IDP, you must get it with your travel in view.
How To Get a US Job With Visa as a Driver
Foreigners hoping to work as a driver in the USA, may want to apply for a H2B visa because it has been recommended by drivers.com.
Current Job Openings in the USA for Drivers with Visa Sponsorships
- Fuel Truck Driver– Par Pacific
You must have at least three years of experience as a professional truck driver. To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Fuel Truck Driver opportunity, you will have:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- Must possess a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Type A with TX Endorsements
- At least three years of experience as a professional truck driver. Petroleum experience desired.
- A clean driving abstract for the last five years.
Estimated: $45,000 – $57,000 a year.
To check other requirements and apply for this position click HERE
- FT Delivery Driver II– Sherwin-Williams
Load customer orders properly on the truck. Must meet state specific driver’s license class requirements at time of hire. Be 21 years of age or older. Apply HERE
- Retail Delivery Driver II- Sherwin-Williams
Load customer orders properly on the truck. Have a valid and unrestricted driver’s license, and an acceptable driving record from the State Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Apply HERE
- Laborer– Department of Administrative Services
You must be experienced working with lift trucks. To be considered for this position, you must be 18 years of age at the time of hire, and possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
$2,823 – $3,546 a month
- Truck Driver Branch– Crown Equipment Corporation
Perform daily pre-trip inspections of the delivery truck and keep a daily driver’s log. Ability to safely operate lift trucks. High school diploma or equivalent.
Estimated: $41,000 – $55,000 a year
- Delivery Driver Pepsi (Trainee DOT)– Pepsi Bottling Ventures.
We offer competitive pay and great benefits including: Safely drives and maneuvers a truck having a gross vehicle weight of under or over 26,000 pounds.
Below are more job openings for drivers in the US
Will use material handling equipment such as pallet movers, standup forklifts, swing-reach trucks, and order pickers. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Apply HERE
Load customer orders properly on the truck. Must meet state specific driver’s license class requirements at time of hire. Portland, Oregon | PORTLAND, Oregon.
Estimated pay: $17.50 an hour. Apply HERE
Load customer orders properly on the truck. Prior experience with interviewing and training drivers. Prior experience with conducting driver safety training. Apply HERE
- Delivery Driver/Warehouse Helper– Performance Contracting Group
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Assist in warehouse functions consisting of order pulling, truck loading, packaging, shipping, receiving and…
Estimated: $35,000 – $43,000 a year. Apply HERE
Drives forklift to transport shipments within the warehouse and in and out of trucks; operates other warehouse equipment such as pallet jack and hand truck. Apply HERE
- Delivery Driver– Pepsi Bottling Ventures
We offer competitive pay and great benefits including: Safely drives and maneuvers a truck having a gross vehicle weight of under or over 26,000 pounds. Apply HERE
- Logistics Packager– Corteva Agriscience
Please note there is NO relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Estimated Salary: $17 an hour. Apply HERE
- CDL Driver– NVR, Inc
To get this job You need to be legally entitled to work in the United States. This is because NVR does not provide visa sponsorships. This is a night shift position, 4:00 pm to 2:30 am.
Estimated Salary: $28.25 an hour. Apply HERE
- Bulk Driver– Pepsi Bottling Ventures
They offer competitive pay and great benefits including: Delivers product and materials to large format customers.