Have you ever wondered if messages from WhatsApp can be sent by typing? Yes, thanks to advanced support for voice recognition on Android phones and the iPhone, that is possible. You may have to configure several settings to send messages for you without typing before you read WhatsApp. This can be helpful at a time when your Android or iOS device is not physically accessed, but is nearby. You can also read new WhatsApp messages with voice assistants on your phone. It does, however, require further permissions.
Since 2015, Google Assistant has introduced the ability to send messages with WhatsApp using your voice.
In 2016, Apple also brought Siri to third-party messaging apps that was leveraged by WhatsApp shortly after the official release of iOS 10.
How to send WhatsApp messages without typing on Android
Make sure you use the latest WhatsApp version before beginning with the steps on how WhatsApp messages can be forwarded without typing in an Android device. You must also have Google Assistant’s latest version on your phone installed. You can check for your Google Play updates manually.
- Tap your profile image from the right top corner of Google Assistant to Beloved Settings and scroll down to personal results. Turn this feature on.
- To activate the voice assistant, say “Hey Google” or “OK Google.
- You can now say “Send a message to WhatsApp…” with the name of your contact you would like to send a message from WhatsApp.
4. You’ll now be asked by Google Assistant to tell the message that you wanted to send about WhatsApp. You must answer with a clear voice with your message.
5. You will now have to say “Okay, send it” to allow Google Assistant to send your message to the screen, without allowing you to type.
Please note that your approval for sending your message may not be sought by the Google Assistant and may be sent directly to the contact you have already sent the message. You must also enable Google Assistant to use it to get complete hands-free experience without unlocking your phone. It’s possible, through Popular Settings > Screen Location.
How to send messages to WhatsApp without iOS type
The steps to start sending WhatsApp messages without typing on iOS are below. Users can use the experience on iOS 10.3 and beyond.
- Go to Settings > Siri and Search and switch to “Hey Siri” Listen.
- Scroll down and tap WhatsApp and then activate Siri integration using Ask Siri.
- “Hey Siri, you can say now! The name of your contact, to which you want to send a message to…” will follow.
4. What you want to send, Siri will ask. Siri. The message you want to send to the contact you can then tell the assistant.
5. A preview with your message will now appear on your iPhone screen. You’re also going to be read by Siri.
6. If you’re prepared to send the message, Siri will ask you. You can say “Yes” when you fine with the text to send your message via WhatsApp to your contact.
You will have to allow Siri to access your WhatsApp data if you first get access to WhatsApp via your Voice Commands on the iOS device. Siri doesn’t work properly with WhatsApp too sometimes and makes a mistake that says, “Sorry, something is wrong. Try it again, please.”
One Comment on “5 Steps to Send WhatsApp Messages Without Typing.”
Wow. This was helpful